Steps For kitchen Renovation In kochi
Learning how to remodel a kitchen is a rite of passage for many homeowners, considering it’s the most popular remodelling project after bathrooms. Like any renovation, there are essential steps to take when you remodel a kitchen, all of which require careful planning and a big helping of patience.
A DIY kitchen remodel doesn’t have to be difficult, however. We’ll cover what parts of a kitchen remodel any homeowner can handle themselves, as well as when to bring in professional help to ensure a successful and efficient kitchen remodel.
1. Gather Ideas for Your Kitchen Remodel & Sketch It Out
The first step in a kitchen remodel is the easiest – decide what you want. Start your search for inspiration by browsing your favourite Pinterest boards and home improvement sites, and save ideas in a folder or vision board as you research to help develop your own remodelling plans. Viewing a broad range of layouts and designs is helpful to identify the fixtures, textures and materials you want in your new kitchen. You should also consider how your kitchen will be used and whether your new design will fit within the existing floorplan.
When you have some (realistic) ideas in mind, draw up a general outline of the remodel. Your main focus should be figuring out the layout of the room. A crucial stage in the design process is to determine how far apart your cabinets will be spaced out, where your kitchen island will be situated, where appliances will go and other logistical details. Knowing the precise layout will also give potential contractors an idea of the scope of the work, making it easier to get ballpark estimates for your kitchen remodelling project.
2. Create a Budget and Desired Timeline for the Kitchen Remodel
Once you have an idea of what your dream kitchen would look like, it’s time to determine how much it will cost. Perform some research to come up with a solid foundation for your kitchen remodel budget. While it’s tough to determine exactly how much a kitchen renovation will cost this early in the process, establishing a budget ceiling now will allow you to start getting in touch with professionals.
3. Call in the Professionals
There’s a professional out there for just about every facet of a major kitchen remodel, from granite countertops to custom kitchen cabinetry to managing the entire project itself. Your task is to use your friends kitchen renovation in kochi
, colleagues, and good old research to find the best professionals to realize your unique designs. A good place to start is to visit big-box stores and showrooms to get a look at every material available to you, and possibly pick up a few referrals along the way.
4. Get Ready, It’s Demolition Day
To quote Fixer Upper’s Chip and Joanna Gaines, “It’s demo day.” Are you prepared?
The paperwork has been diligently browsed and approved, the design is finalized and the crew you’ve hired to help is ready to start tearing down the kitchen. Some homeowners may choose to leave their house once the kitchen demolition starts, but others will opt to remain in the home. If you choose to do so, there are some things you need to plan ahead for:
- Set up a temporary kitchen in another room of the house.
- Make sure you have space for preparing small meals.
- Bring only the essential appliances you need for cooking (read: no waffle irons).
- Use a mini-fridge to store perishables.
- Stock your pantry with paper plates, plastic silverware and cups.
- Keep non-perishables such as peanut butter, crackers and snack bars handy.
5.Putting It Back Together: The Order of Steps in a Kitchen Remodel
When you’re ready to put the remodelled kitchen back together, we recommend this order of steps to complete your renovation:
- Configure plumbing and electrical. (Note: If your kitchen remodel involves updates to the plumbing or electrical wiring, we recommend having a professional contractor oversee the process for this step.)
- Paint and install new flooring.
- Install kitchen cabinets.
- Install countertops and backsplash.
- Place appliances and fasten cabinet hardware.
Making a smart move is surely not everyone’s cup of tea. But here we are letting the secret out so that you can learn making the right choices of kitchen renovation in kochi