Picking the Right Visa Type Through Experienced Attorney
A visa authorizes a traveller to gain access to a specific country. Almost all countries require a visa before letting a foreign traveller in. There are different types of visas and each of them offers unique features. Get the help of green card lawyer to learn what type of visa suits you.
Different Types of Visas
These are the usual visas to choose from when you want to go to any other country. If you’re a traveller seeking immigration assistance, you can always find professional help from citizenship attorney.
- Visitor Visa – Also known as the tourist visa, this is probably the fastest to process. It only gives you 3-month access to the country and doesn’t allow you to work or live there for long-term purposes.
- Skilled Independent Visa – This type is good for 5 years and allows the holder to live and work in the country. After a 2 year period, you can extend your stay for another 5 years. If you’ve spent 4 long years living and working in the country, you are already eligible when you apply for citizenship. This visa only applies to skilled workers under 45 years old and who has passed the points system.
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa – These are for skilled individuals whose expertise fall on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List. People with this visa are only allowed 2 years temporary stay in the country with no future in becoming a permanent resident.
- Partner Visa – This visa only requires a genuine relationship between a citizen and a foreign partner. You need to be under sponsorship with an authentic relationship with your partner for at least 2 years before you become eligible to apply for permanent residency.
- Investor Visa – If you’re a businessman who loves expanding investments to other countries then this visa is what you need. It requires you to maintain a $5 million value of a business investment in the country for 4 years and 3 months. Although the stay is only temporary, there are no restrictions on travel and bringing your family in.
- Permanent Protection Visa – This only applies to refugees that arrive by plane. They are granted access to family sponsorship, protection, citizenship and all the benefits a citizen has. Only a few are given this visa since most asylum seekers reach the country by sea.
- Temporary Protection Visa – This is for the refugees who arrive by sea. It’s different from permanent protection visa as the benefits are very limited and refugees have travel restrictions. It only good for 3 years and doesn’t offer permanent protection to the refugees and their families.
It pays to know more about your visa options especially when you are new to travelling overseas. There are plenty of visa types that you’ll surely find one that suits you best. You can choose the services of the best will attorney Houston and get all the needed information that helps you to migrate to another country. The selection process should be thorough, as it will help you a lot.